Rumored D800s

Started Mar 25, 2014 | Discussions thread
T O Shooter Veteran Member • Posts: 8,651
Well,

Reilly Diefenbach wrote:

T O S

I'm spoiled with the 800e too. There would no D4 if the D800e delivered what I wanted for action. And you are wrong on the ease of BIF. Much easier to point a camera at sunset or sunrise with a bit of ocean around. Throw on a 14-24 to really impress. Want to do portraits. Look at a good shooter's images on the net and duplicate it. Throw on a 1.4 lens at 85mm or so and you're there. And I've noticed you keep moving from one argumentative point to another when I throw out a good answer.

Most photography is easy, except for weddings, which employment I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemy. I'm not wrong on ease of bif, as I've said many times. You could take a homeless person and show him or her the AF On button and you'd get a good result somewhere in the hail of shutter fire by the end of the day. Not much skill involved there. 10-20fps, you might as well be shooting video.

"What's up with that? :-D"

Perhaps because I'm not quite of the same high opinion regarding your answers. You really don't take a different opinion well at all. I see you've started a whole other thread wherein you coerced the poor Nikon bloke to say the CAM 3500 wasn't the same. I pity him if he had answered to the contrary.

And last, as a parting thought, as I grow bored with the topic of a camera I have no desire whatsoever to own, I will discuss any topic I wish to with no direction needed.

I had a look at your gallery in thumbnail size. This certainly isn't a remark on your photography - you're probably a fine photographer, and I'll revisit later. But BIF, means birds flying, and you have very few. Certainly nothing wrong with that, but that might be part of the reason why the 800 AF works for you and not for me. Two or three birds flying and a couple hovering ( which is basically stationary ) is not a a test of the 800s AF system. I can certainly nail some as well, but to consistently get a high number of keepers the D4 is much better.

And you come across as a fellow who can't afford a D4 and give disparaging remarks because of that. That may not be the case, you might be able to afford 100 of them, and I only came up with the money to buy one, but some of your comments smack of sour grapes. If you can't afford one, don't let it show through. But if the D800 is exactly what you want and you have no need for a D4, then you'd look better if you toned down the sour grapes comments.

I'm referring to comments such as this "AF On button and you'd get a good result somewhere in the hail of shutter fire by the end of the day. Not much skill involved there. 10-20fps, you might as well be shooting video."  and a couple or so more that I won't bother to go back and copy. Again, no offence.  If high frame rates are not your cup of tea then so what?  Doesn't make it wrong.

-- hide signature --

Photography - It's a passion No other reason required.

T O Shooter's gear list:T O Shooter's gear list
Canon PowerShot G5 Nikon D4S Nikon D500 Nikon D850 +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Yxa
xtm
(unknown member)
Yxa
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow