Rumored D800s

Started Mar 25, 2014 | Discussions thread
T O Shooter Veteran Member • Posts: 8,880
Re: For sure not same

Reilly Diefenbach wrote:

I would wager a moderate amount of money on there not being any major difference in Cam 3500 between a D7100/D800/D4.

I sense your hesitation! "Moderate amount" says you have some reservation here.

You may possibly be right, and you certainly seem convinced. I would be hard pressed even to try a D4 or any other 16MP camera. I'm spoiled! And my bifs are pretty good, even the hummingbirds and swallows, but then I could get those with a D7000, too. Bifs are not terribly hard if you're willing to hang around and keep firing. One of the least skilled of the photographic trades, given the amazing machinery we have. People managed to get excellent examples with one point AF and a couple of fps in years gone by. So an extra $3000 on a camera with much less res requiring an even bigger lens for decent feather detail isn't really of interest...

I'm spoiled with the 800e too.  There would no D4 if the D800e delivered what I wanted for action. And you are wrong on the ease of BIF.  Much easier to point a camera at sunset or sunrise with a bit of ocean around.  Throw on a 14-24 to really impress. Want to do portraits. Look at a good shooter's images on the net and duplicate it.  Throw on a 1.4 lens at 85mm or so and you're there.  And I've noticed you keep moving from one argumentative point to another when I throw out a good answer. What's up with that?

-- hide signature --

Photography - It's a passion No other reason required.

T O Shooter's gear list:T O Shooter's gear list
Canon PowerShot G5 Nikon D4S Nikon D500 Nikon D850 +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Yxa
xtm
(unknown member)
Yxa
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow