First day with X-E2 -- definitely NOT good :(

Started Mar 25, 2014 | Discussions thread
OP Dick Ginkowski Senior Member • Posts: 1,963
Re: First day with X-E2 -- definitely NOT good :(

darngooddesign wrote:

uniball wrote:

Do any of your issues detract from the use of the camera? Assuming you've even tried using it...

Considering the he bought the kit and it didn't come with the lens I would say that his problem detracted from the use of the camera.

How exactly should he try using the camera? Turning on "shooting without lens" gives some really nice bokeh, but that's about all he can get.

But thumbs up on your helpful response.

Actually, the lens that was supposed to be in the box was missing (although the lens hood was there).  A new, unopened lens was in another box.  Photographs of both boxes were in my original post.  Theoretically, the other lens could have been used but (let me put on my lawyer hat) it would be inappropriate to break the seal and do so.  Whenever something unusual or potentially inappropriate arises it's imperative to preserve and document the evidence in the condition it then existed.  To do otherwise could compromise or even waive any future claims.  (Footnote: I did offer Vistek the option of replacing just the body and they wanted everything returned as is.)  If I open the box and break the seal on the new lens it becomes "used."  As I was immediately aware that something was wrong I have a legal duty to mitigate damages.  I really couldn't open and use the lens and then send everything back saying, "Hey, you shipped me used merchandise."  So the prudent course for anyone is to freeze things as they are inasmuch as possible.

Dick Ginkowski's gear list:Dick Ginkowski's gear list
Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T2 +22 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jrk
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow