First day with X-E2 -- definitely NOT good :(

Started Mar 25, 2014 | Discussions thread
OP Dick Ginkowski Senior Member • Posts: 1,963
Update -- first response from Fuji

Fuji is working on it -- assigning it to their sales manager -- and I will give the parties until near the end of the day to sort it out. They, too, cannot figure out why there would be a lens missing from a supposedly new kit box except in a very rare situation inapplicable here. The warranty card should have been in the box although it is not necessary for warranty service. The dated sales receipt is what's needed and it lists the returned unit's serial number. That's important because sometimes exchanges don't get a new receipt and the serial numbers won't match if there is a warranty issue. They will need to correct this once a replacement is received so warranty service can be provided. They apparently will coordinate with the dealer the replacement to make sure that it is, in fact, new. They appreciate being aware of the situation earlier rather than later and agree that I should not have been put in this situation.

I also got some helpful warranty information that I will share in a separate thread.

Dick Ginkowski's gear list:Dick Ginkowski's gear list
Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T2 +22 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jrk
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow