First day with X-E2 -- definitely NOT good :(

Started Mar 25, 2014 | Discussions thread
Peter Jonas Veteran Member • Posts: 3,588
Re: First day with X-E2 -- definitely NOT good :(

Dick Ginkowski wrote:

I, too, am surprised at how liberally people have been able to return cameras for reasons other than defects but at the same time it's annoying (and wrong) to have a product that may have issues put back on the shelf and resold.

Surely, faulty products should be returned to the manufacturer for repair. However, there are many perfectly good cameras being returned. Most of those are being resold as new. This is a grey area of retailing. The coinsumers think it is wrong to do so, while the retailers say that if you as a consumer want the liberal return policies extended to you, then you have to put up with occasionally receiveing an open box product. Who is right or wrong is anohter discussion ...

In the few instances where I have returned products I make sure to flag whether it is defective and should not be resold. In the case of camera products, those items should ultimately go back to the manufacturer for inspection and repair, if possible, whereupon they can be sold as refurbished.

Yes, but whatever should happen to cameras that are not faulty but just being returned because they can be?

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Peter Jonas

Peter Jonas's gear list:Peter Jonas's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jrk
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow