First day with X-E2 -- definitely NOT good :(

Started Mar 25, 2014 | Discussions thread
Peter Jonas Veteran Member • Posts: 3,376
Re: First day with X-E2 -- definitely NOT Fuji's fault

Dick Ginkowski wrote:

... It was pretty evident that I did not receive a "new" product and the absence of the lens from the box was very troubling.

Did you actually buy a new product? I would have also been very troubled by the absense of the lens.

This is the first professional grade Fuji product I've purchased but how can I trust Fuji when something like this happens?

I trust you realise this has nothing to do with Fuji.

The retailer sold you an open box product, AND they failed to inspect it before dispatching.

I spent several hours on the phone with the dealer over this issue. Instead of having a camera to use I had to drive to a FedEx office to return it. They have my money -- I do not have the camera kit. They mentioned something about perhaps not having one in stock but then somehow one was located. (I had suggested that they could have sent out a black XE-2 body as I already had the lens.) Will it also be a used product or a demo?

You need to discuss this with your retailer. On the positive side they have agreed to supply you with a replacement new product. It could have been a much more awkward situation if they insisted the lens was in the package when it was dispatched. It has happened before, and it could have got much more ugly from your point of view.

What compensates me for the hours I've spent trying to rectify this situation that never should have happened in the first place?

I do not know. But perhaps you can consider it as compensation that you now know how to deal with this retailer in the future.

I sure hope it works out well for you. I don't think Fuji has let you down in any way. The X-E2 with the 18-55mm zoom lens is a fantastic kit to have.

Peter Jonas's gear list:Peter Jonas's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jrk
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow