Just got a Df!
I picked up a black Df body late last week from a local (Canadian) dealer @ a good price. Went out for a spin on Sunday with my new camera and my 35mm f/1.4 AIS Nikkor (I did bring a couple of primes along but it was a bit too cold & windy for me to change lenses :-D). All settings on the Df are still factory defaults except I have set the exposure compensation 1/3 stop under. I shot RAW and all files are imported by LR 5. All are untouched except for a couple that I pulled the details out of the shadows in LR. Haven't had a chance to test out the low light capability but so far so good in broad daylight.
I am no expert but a couple of observations so far:
- The Df seems to produce a slightly more vibrant picture even with RAW compare to my D800.
- It is slightly easier to manual focus with the Df viewfinder compare to D800. I have read about this for the last four months or so: some say yes, some say no. Is it just my imagination?
BTW, while I was shooting with the Df I noticed that I drew a lot less attention. It is like I am with my (now sold) Olympus m4/3, Sony NEX or P&S. Grant that I usually have my D800 with the battery grip installed but the Df is not really that compact. What gives?
- Fujifilm X-T223.6%
- Nikon D50025.4%
- Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E8.2%
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12-100mm F47.5%
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G857.2%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art6.7%
- Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 Art5.1%
- Sony a63006.4%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX10 III3.7%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V6.3%
|Lighthouse, Bottom of the World by CelticOdyssey|
from An A to Z of Subjects- Week 12, L
|Dundrum by Rik Powdrill|