D4 Firmware 1.1 update and trap focus
I have been reading that this change is for trap focusing.
Firmware 1.1 update:
· When AF-ON only was selected for Custom Setting a4 (AF activation) and the AF-ON button was pressed to initiate autofocus during viewfinder photography, focus remained locked even after the user took their finger off the button, and the shutter could be released at any time. However, specifications have been modified so that the shutter cannot be released under the following conditions if the camera fails to focus.
· Autofocus mode is set to AF-S (single-servo AF)
· AF-area mode is set to Single-point AF
· Custom Setting a2 (AF-S priority selection) is set to Focus
So how exactly does one get this to work?
Set the settings with the 3 things described above than press the AF-ON to focus on the spot that you expect the subject to cross and release the AF-ON and keep the shutter pressed? When the subject crosses the point the shutter will fire?
- Fujifilm X-T223.6%
- Nikon D50025.4%
- Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E8.2%
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12-100mm F47.5%
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G857.2%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art6.7%
- Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 Art5.1%
- Sony a63006.4%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX10 III3.7%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V6.3%
|Kingfisher by cjf2|
from An A to Z of Subjects- Week 11, K
|Bull Rider Being Launched by RBFresno|
from FX bodies and very high ISO