70D eagles

Started Mar 23, 2014 | Discussions thread
Calliope
Calliope Senior Member • Posts: 1,536
Re: 70D eagles

Barbyte wrote:

Thanks, Calliope!

I've tried shooting raw - but oh man...when you take 1,500 pictures or so in one shooting a few times a week - I just can't stand how long it takes to even LOOK at them - let alone do any pp.

-barb

I feel your pain on that after the air show this weekend. I just go into bridge and do a quick scan, deleting anything that is not dead under the focus point or is too similar to the ones around it. I walk away for a day or two and then go back and do a more thorough review. It takes time but there is nothing more frustrating than nailing the perfect shot and not being able to reclaim blown highlights. The extra time between the shoot and the deleting allows me to be more subjective about the photos. It is easy to be emotionally attached to the feeling you had when taking the shot and not be willing to delete the non-keepers. I learned my lesson the hard way by filling up multiple drives with hummingbirds. I finally just formatted the drives rather than go through everything.

Calliope's gear list:Calliope's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L USM +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow