E-M1, C-AF and Sports photography

Started Mar 19, 2014 | Discussions thread
GAitken Regular Member • Posts: 253
Release Lag Time, C-AF lock, and IS

Thanks for the report, I was aware of the Release Lag Time but didn't make the connection.

Does anyone know why setting this to "short" shortens battery life, and any information on how much of a hit this is?  Also, what is the issue with avoiding shocks to the body when this is set?

Has anyone done experiments with the C-AF lock settings?  The manual talks about "not adjusting to sudden changes in subject distance", but that is pretty dang vague.  How much change is a "sudden change"?  I have it set off (default), but am wondering if this would prevent hunting and locking on the background for things like bif.

Regarding IS, I usually have it set to Auto, but in thinking about it this may also cause a lag.  Any info regarding whether setting it to (1) or (2) deliberately will speed things up?

GAitken's gear list:GAitken's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow