E-M1, C-AF and Sports photography

Started Mar 19, 2014 | Discussions thread
OP Wilki Regular Member • Posts: 147
Re: true - but hardly relevant

Hi

Thanks for finding my photos "not bad"

i have looked at all the images I can find online from the event taken by pro togs and, even though I don't like blowing my own trumpet, would say that you would be very hard pressed to decide which was which between mine and theirs were you asked to do so without exif info.

if you would like to do the same, the event was the British Moto-x first round at Landrake

where you will see a difference is in terms of the photo opportunity provided by their ability to get a different viewpoint, because they had press passes and were a good 6' closer to the track, as well as able to access areas off limits to the general public.

i attended the event with a small rucksack. In there were an E-m1 body, an E-m5 body, a 75-300 zoom (equivalent of 150-600 full frame ), a 12-40 and the. 75 1.8...... My sandwiches, two bottles of Pepsi, a packet of crisps, a packet of biscuits, a waterproof jacket, spare batteries and the event programme.

the guy next to me wouldn't have got his lens in the bag

i don't claim that m4/3 is the perfect sports camera. If I was at a major stadium shooting from the stand I would have no chance, but when the access I get is similar to that of the pros (As in this case) the reach of the lenses is perfect and the depth of focus more than shallow enough to isolate the subject as is clear in some of the pics I posted.

so for me, that balance of lightness, portability, cost and quality satisfies my needs. If it doesn't satisfy yours I completely respect that - I just happen to think the theory of why a system is better than another is rarely matched by the quality of images produced by 90. % + of those who use that system.

thanks to everyone for the positive comments

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow