Using flash with E-M1
I am doing some final research before upgrading from my E-5. Now I don't do a great deal of flash work, but when I do I use an FL36r and an FL50r off camera often bounced and reflected. The system is very good and it works well.
I have a friend on Flickr and about her only critiscm of the camera concerned flash:
- The external mini-flash is annoying to carry around and you need to take couple of small protection plastics away to be able to connect it to the camera, so I prefer much more the integrated flash of E-5. Also the external isn't positioned that well so I had lots of problems when triggering FL-50R strobes with it. Maybe you actually need FL-600R to handle the flash control well enough. I read that it should be able to command other flashes when attached to E-M1...
Can anyone else comment on this? Is there a problem with the old flashes? If I have to buy new camera and lenses AND flashes then it going to be really expensive.
- Fujifilm X-T223.6%
- Nikon D50025.4%
- Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E8.2%
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12-100mm F47.5%
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G857.2%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art6.7%
- Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 Art5.1%
- Sony a63006.4%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX10 III3.7%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V6.3%
|Lighthouse, Bottom of the World by CelticOdyssey|
from An A to Z of Subjects- Week 12, L
|Dundrum by Rik Powdrill|