Using flash with E-M1
I am doing some final research before upgrading from my E-5. Now I don't do a great deal of flash work, but when I do I use an FL36r and an FL50r off camera often bounced and reflected. The system is very good and it works well.
I have a friend on Flickr and about her only critiscm of the camera concerned flash:
- The external mini-flash is annoying to carry around and you need to take couple of small protection plastics away to be able to connect it to the camera, so I prefer much more the integrated flash of E-5. Also the external isn't positioned that well so I had lots of problems when triggering FL-50R strobes with it. Maybe you actually need FL-600R to handle the flash control well enough. I read that it should be able to command other flashes when attached to E-M1...
Can anyone else comment on this? Is there a problem with the old flashes? If I have to buy new camera and lenses AND flashes then it going to be really expensive.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Flower in flower by atdigit|
from Random Items Challenge 26
|Surface tension by atdigit|
from Right in the middle
|A Normal Dat at Thomas's Clap 2016-9379 by Andrew Maltzoff|
from Show us SCHOOL!