Sold my 5DMkII and ordered the 6D, was it the right decision? What do you mean?

Started Mar 16, 2014 | Discussions thread
OP torppapa Regular Member • Posts: 361
Re: Sold my 5DMkII and ordered the 6D, was it the right decision? What do you mean?

torppapa wrote:

stratobill wrote:

torppapa wrote:

Serickmetz wrote:

Best decision you've made in years! 6D is fantastic, congrats and have fun with it!

Thanks, I'll see after some weeks, if the decision was that good. In the sense that my 5D2 was getting old, it was surely a good decision, since I got the 6D for the price I could sell the 5D2

As for the fun factor ... I have fun ... more here in this thread than with the camera itself.

You have taken a pretty good beating, and taken it pretty well!

Welcome to the internet!

Indeed. Big experience here on DPR. But we (the comunity) got also some useful answers (like putting 6D's jpeg engine in a context where it makes sense - see Timbukto's post)

Enjoy your 6D. I love mine.

Unfortunately also Timbukto's post was deleted about the jpeg engine of the 6D and other modern cameras.

For sure the 6D is a capable device, more than the 5D2 was - I mean image quality, not necessairily handling.

torppapa's gear list:torppapa's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Canon PowerShot G9 Canon PowerShot G15 Panasonic LX100 Canon EOS 5D +38 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow