Firmware update Ver.1.03 for NEX-6

Started Mar 19, 2014 | Discussions thread
NicoG
NicoG Regular Member • Posts: 130
Re: Firmware update Ver.1.03 for NEX-6

Well, it seems my NEX-6 is snappier after the update. Particularly, the keyboard, which i found was at the limit of usability because of its slowness, is clearly faster - I am certain it is not a placebo effect, as it is much more easy to use now !!). Navigation in the menu also appears snappier.

I did not try the kit lens yet (only played with manual focus lens right now), but in an other post, some body says that it is also faster at focusing (link). This guy also states that the sigma lens are much faster at focusing (it would be nice to see some tests).

Concerning the update process and brinking, to be able to "remove safely" my camera after the reset (but not unplug the usb cable), I needed to keep the memory card in the camera ... while it is stated on sony web site that you should remove it prior to the update. Not doing so, there was no way for me to "remove safely" the camera as no icon were showing up in the task bar.

NicoG's gear list:NicoG's gear list
Sony Alpha a7 II
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow