Would switching form NEX7, help me with focus on my kids?

Started Mar 18, 2014 | Discussions thread
erichK Veteran Member • Posts: 5,849
Re: Would switching form NEX7, help me with focus on my kids?

marubex wrote:

Thanks for the input. I would look at the sony a6000 also but until there are some testers /reviews around there is now way to know how the AF actually works!

So far I think some options would be EM-10, GX7 or possibly EPL5? Thinking maybe EM-10 would be best for me, given the specs and price, like the humpless designs of the other two.

The hump is a bit of a pain, but the control access that the OM-D series give is superb.  Very fast and highly customizable. using the Mysetsm which let you switch quickly form one setup to another by just moving the mode dial.

I use the OM-D and E-M1 and PL5, and while the latter is more pocketable, definitely find that the second control dial and additional controls on the OM-D's make them quicker and more intuitive to use.  The pop up flash will surely be handy, too.

Don't5 know the GX7, but it is also reportedly excellent.  Nothing beats actually trying the cameras in hand.  Several times, if possible.  Only you can know how well a camera will fit your hands and your way of shooting

(This alone can really explain the very different reactions that the new Sony FF mirrorless 7R camera is getting from reputable reviewers, whose opinions seem vary from the greatest camera ever to the most misdesigned Rube Goldberg contraption to come down the pipe in a long time!)

-- hide signature --

saskatoon, canada
Photography is a small voice, at best, but sometimes one photograph, or a group of them, can lure our sense of awareness.
- W. Eugene Smith, Dec 30, 1918 to Oct 15, 1978.
underwater photos:

erichK's gear list:erichK's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-330 Olympus E-620 Olympus E-5 Olympus PEN E-PL5 +23 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow