Would switching form NEX7, help me with focus on my kids?

Started Mar 18, 2014 | Discussions thread
honeyiscool
honeyiscool Senior Member • Posts: 1,376
Re: Would switching form NEX7, help me with focus on my kids?

Ontario Gone wrote:
Yes, and it has a very highly customizable setup. You can set it to touch to focus only, and disable AF for the shutter button if you want so it won't have refocus when you are ready to take the shot. It can also be set to touch to focus-and-shoot all in one screen press. You can even set the shutter half press (the one that normally only focuses) to AF and immediately shoot on lock, this is a bit quicker than having to go through two press depths of the shutter button.

The GX7 has all of this and even more, there are so many little customizations it's amazing, you can really set it up the way that suits you. The only downside is that for many of the little changes you have to jump into menus, but those menus are very simple and fast to change.

Is there any way to prevent the GH3/GM1 from forgetting the touchscreen setting when it is turned off? I like that all the Olympus cameras will remember the touchscreen focus-and-shoot setting when turned off, so I can pick it up and start shooting right away. It seems like with the Panny cameras, I have to go to the touch quick menu and press the focus-and-shoot button. Otherwise, it always defaults to AF point on power up.

honeyiscool's gear list:honeyiscool's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:1.8 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow