Would switching form NEX7, help me with focus on my kids?

Started Mar 18, 2014 | Discussions thread
MFiftysomething Contributing Member • Posts: 796
Re: Would switching form NEX7, help me with focus on my kids?

Budget option consider Nikon V1 but no built in flash or V2 should start to go on big discount soon as the V3 has been announced - you will still miss some shots but faster than any M43 or Nex (i have Nex 6, G6 OMD GX7) with the 18.5mm very nice outside only OK for indoors but not great V2 has built in flash, and high synch speed.  The new Nikon V3 supposedly does 20 fps with focus but is silly price and not out quite yet.

OMD EM5/10 is not far behind and better in low light with 17mm 1.8 is a fast lens 25mm 1.4 is OK 20mm 1.7 bit too slow. GX7 is fast.  I would think the new 25mm Zuiko is also fast -the newer lenses seem to be faster focussing.

Sony A6000 announced it could also be fast enough and will be good in low light.  The Sony SEL 3518 35mm f1.8 has OSS which is great and is quite good on my Nex 6 but slower than M43 and the Nikons.

Hope that helps!

MFiftysomething's gear list:MFiftysomething's gear list
Sony RX100 IV Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Sony a6300 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Fujifilm X-T2 +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow