Would switching form NEX7, help me with focus on my kids?

Started Mar 18, 2014 | Discussions thread
honeyiscool
honeyiscool Senior Member • Posts: 1,376
Re: Would switching form NEX7, help me with focus on my kids?

I think one of the reasons why M43 is so much better than competing systems for S-AF speed is that not only is the AF faster and more accurate, the interface to nail focus is superior as well. I don't know why Fuji or Sony refuse to have touch screens, for instance, but it makes focusing on moving objects so much easier. Just select the subject on the touchscreen and the camera focuses and takes a picture in one swift movement. So not only is the AF itself probably superior, the interface to help you do it is better, too, thereby making the human interface better, too. Why Sony thinks that this is a feature destined for its two cheapest Alpha cameras, but none of the higher end cameras, I don't know.

I think you can absolutely do better than 60% keeper rate with a fast lens like the 17mm f/1.8 or any of the 25mm lenses, and any modern body like E-PL5, E-PM2, GM1, GX7, etc. Coming from the NEX7, the GX7 would probably make the most sense, but you should also consider the new E-M10.

You won't miss the larger sensor much if you get faster lenses, which M43 has plenty of.

honeyiscool's gear list:honeyiscool's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:1.8 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow