Looking at the Nikon 1 V1 because ...
So more than 1 year after buying the D7000 and being pretty happy with it, somehow my gear lust sticked to the old Nikon 1 V1 because:
* it is small
* it can (with the required Nikon FT-1 F-Mount Adapter) fit my current 18-105mm, 35mm and very sluggish used bought 70-300mm
* with the 2.7 crop factor it would extend my 18-105 to about 300 (and hopefully faster than the 70-300)
* while the 70-300 would end up being a sluggish 800 (which I coud point at the moon/sky)
* it uses the same batteries as the D7000.
* Looking at the current kit with the 10-30 price (less than 300 Euros)
Is it "worth" it?
I already know what at one point I will be getting a 70-200, 2.8, VR, likley after renting and trying it and then buying.
I decided for the 2.8 because with the grey-ish/ clouded weather we often have in germany, the more light you get in the better.
But could this 1 V1 with the 2.7 crop could be a decent intermediate till I saved up the cash?
And looking from a different perspective, as 'smaller point and shoot only replacement for the D7000', could it be that I am tired of waiting for the Nexus 5 bright red, which is on 'coming soon' already for a while, though it wont give the same image quality* or zoom?
I already use the D7000 as 'almost point and shoot' by sending the JPGs via the eye-fi card directly to my nexus 7 to post process with instagram, flickr, snapseed, picasa or Pixlr Express .... and depending on whatever 'post messing' app/ platform I play with the image quality is "lost" anyway ...
|Arch-itecture by Nilesh Trivedi|
from Random Items - Challenge #30
|Rocky Mountain Elk by evancj|
from Odds are...