Replacement or upgrade for Olympus SP-590 UZ? Recommendations?

Started Mar 17, 2014 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JohnUser New Member • Posts: 2
Replacement or upgrade for Olympus SP-590 UZ? Recommendations?

The short: I have the above camera and I was looking to upgrade in either the compact area or small DSLR. I was looking at the Stylus SP-100 and the OM-D E-M10. There are just so many camera's to choose from! Suggestions?

The long; I enjoy taking pictures, but I'm not a professional by any means. Strictly travel, wildlife, portrait, people etc. (I did do a few weddings very successfully, but only for friends that asked and I do not see that in my future.) As much as I like reading about it, I cannot justify myself spending $K's for something like the new OMD 1. $500-$800 and maybe a bit more to cover lenses seems within my budget. I like the Olympus line and have had great luck with the 590.

I'm leaning towards the OM-D E-M10. I still have and old film Nikon F2 I haven't used in eons so no complete stranger to interchangeable lenses and all. But, I really liked the portability and zoom of the 590 in one unit.

I have a pocket Canon SX280HS I bought recently which does a fair job and certainly is portable. I also like the WiFi capability. But I think the Olympus models would provide better quality and features. Bottom line, I'm simply blown away at all the choices by all mfg.'s so at least decided to stick with Olympus. I keep going from Pen to Stylus to OMD to whatever. I see great comments and posts on this site so if you've got comments or suggestions that might help solidify a choice it would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

John

JohnUser's gear list:JohnUser's gear list
Olympus SP-590 UZ Canon PowerShot SX280 HS
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus E-M1 Olympus SP-590 UZ Olympus Stylus SP-100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow