Sold my 5DMkII and ordered the 6D, was it the right decision? What do you mean?

Started Mar 16, 2014 | Discussions thread
OP torppapa Regular Member • Posts: 361
Re: Sold my 5DMkII and ordered the 6D, was it the right decision? What do you mean?

You are right, with the D7100 also the lenses are smaller.

I have the 24-105L too, and many years ago I used it extensively on my 400D. May be the difference between 5D2 and 6D will be not that huge regarding the weight, especially if you consider also the lenses. I don't plan to use f2.8 zooms for traveling, either I shoot with f4 zoom or with fixed focal length lenses.

diness wrote:

In regards to the weight... the 6d weighs almost exactly the same as the d7100. Does that camera work for you to carry around all day? The 6d is good for me, but the weight seems to be more about lenses than it is about the body in my usage. I like that the 6d is lighter than the 5d mkIII, but the 24-105 that I have on it is what makes it heavy, not really the body itself (and most consider that lens pretty light and small actually...)

torppapa's gear list:torppapa's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Canon PowerShot G9 Canon PowerShot G15 Panasonic LX100 Canon EOS 5D +38 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow