Just bought the Nikon P600!
I just bought the Nikon P600 yesterday. I'm anxious to try it out this week! It is a replacement for my Panasonic FZ-100.
There were 3 things that made me a bit nervous about this purchase, but obviously I didn't think that any of them were show-stoppers. I'd be interested in other opinions on these!
1. There is no apparent way to add any kind of UV lens filter to this camera. I read up on this and it apparently is not really required for a digital camera, although everyone I know seems to use one.
2. There is no RAW format. I do NOT understand this. Even the clerk at the camera store couldn't believe this. I plan to take a lot of photos the next couple weeks and see if I feel the lack of RAW format is going to be an issue for me. I have been shooting RAW for a long time now and may miss it. If there is any cause to return this camera, this might be it.
3. There is no way to add a lens hood to this camera. The jury appears to be out on whether or not a lens hood is a necessary accessory. I have used one for a long time now with my Panasonic, so it will be weird not having one.
This is my first Nikon and it sure is a beautiful camera to look at (mine is red). I just hope it delivers some good photos. I have a vacation to Turkey in a month.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sadiqur_Rahman by Sadiqur Rahman|
from Ain't Going to Work on Maggie's Farm no More
|Airborne by John Beavin|
from - How to respect the Flag and Anthem - (Portrait in Full Colours + A Border)