Sony A6000 already outdated by Nikon v3...........

Started Mar 13, 2014 | Discussions thread
Aspenz
Aspenz Contributing Member • Posts: 764
Re: Sony A6000 already outdated by Nikon v3...........

GaryW wrote:

IVN wrote:

....ALL these modes are available with Phase-AF in sufficient light. The camera switches to Contrast-AF in low light.

As does the Nex-6.

The way I understand the A6000 reviews, there are two very huge limitations to the camera's AF:

1. there is no Phase-AF in AF-S

Even on the Nex-6, PDAF is available in AF-S, which you can tell as it doesn't "hunt" like it does with CDAF.

1. there is no selectable single point AF with AF-C (IMO this is a terrible limitation)

The A6000 has a lot more options than the Nex-6. That thing on the video with all of the boxes that are constantly tracking is amazing. You might be right here about the Nex-6 and older Nex cameras, but the A6000 is different; maybe we'll need to see final reviews before drawing too many conclusions.

-- hide signature --

Gary W.

"That thing with boxes" is just a way of showing signs of tracking, the V1 and V2 I've shift focus seamlessly on AF-C, it's just that they don't show the dancing boxes.. admittedly the A6000 is an interesting camera, but I've downloaded some photos on the supposed tracking ability and seen a recent review on SLRclub and sorry but the AF doesn't quite seem as fast as it's touted. This, alongside the fact that I've some very good glass for the 1 cameras (18.5, 32, UWA) makes me pick the slightly (imo) overpriced V3 any day.

Aspenz's gear list:Aspenz's gear list
Nikon 1 V3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor 18.5mm f/1.8 +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
IVN
IVN
IVN
IVN
IVN
IVN
IVN
IVN
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
IVN
IVN
IVN
IVN
IVN
IVN
IVN
FEJ
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow