Sony A6000 already outdated by Nikon v3...........

Started Mar 13, 2014 | Discussions thread
captura Forum Pro • Posts: 23,069
Re: V3 actually cheaper than a6000...

Helena777 wrote:

FEJ wrote:

... when paired with a decent set of equivalent lenses. At least this is the set of lenses I would get:

The V3 kit is $300 cheaper and weighs about 3/4 as much.

In particular, the 50mm equiv f/1.8 lens is the lens I would probably use most of the time, and appears considerably easier to pocket.

Of course the E lenses are pricier...¡they are designed for a much bigger sensor! It is like compairing the Zeiss lenses found in advanced P&S, with any lens of DSLR size: ¡wow the Zeiss are cheaper, a full camera with the lens for the price of a single DSLR lens! :facepalm:

But this CAN BE SEEN IN REVERSE! How can Nikon justify their prices being that lenses designed for 1" sensor???

C'mon, this thread seems outed from a kindergarden, and I too for answering all this silly thread.

Just buy what you desire! Everybody is free to pay a jewelry price for a mass market camera with a 1" sensor, with no DMF, with the most awkward menus and options seen in the digital era, with a mediocre kit lens, with a even more mediocre cheap version of the kit lens, with a super zoom that seems designed for APSC in bulk that carry a APSC price tag; with a AF that is promoted as stellar for social photography but when you use the camera the default speed is 1/30!!! But don't come to the Nex forum "a vendernos la moto".

I bought the Nikon 1 J1 for 260€ with the kit lens , and returned it the one day later, it is the worst ILC I have tested...

:relief:

I have a 1J1 with perhaps the 3 most common lenses. A 10-30 kit, an 18.5/1,8 and the 30-110. The 30-110 is about the same as the SEL 55-210 in focal length.

Altogether the N1 camera and lenses, which I purchased last year, cost me about $550. But these were strongly discounted prices, so the retail would have been perhaps double.

The same thing with my NEX-5R ...the total retail price with equivalent lenses might have been similar. Yes this thread is pretty useless.

But too bad you didn't give the 1J1 a chance. It has it's uses, the keeper rate is huge, the colors are amazing, and so is the AF. And it does time-lapse. Yes it's clumsy, lacks controls, and doesn't have the IQ of an APS-C camera. So what? It's a different camera.

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Canon EOS 500D Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Google Nexus 5
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
IVN
IVN
IVN
IVN
IVN
IVN
IVN
IVN
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
IVN
IVN
IVN
IVN
IVN
IVN
IVN
FEJ
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow