You know, I just aimed at the owl and hoped for the best. I use single point focusing just about all of the time and that's what was set for this shot. I was worried the owl would fly away. In fact, he did fly further in the woods when I got out of the car and walked closer to him. I'm sure the branches did interfere with me getting a precise focus.
Henry, I never tried Face/ESP focusing. Do you think that it might have worked for this shot? I was always under the impression that it was intended for human faces.
I'm going to return to the same area this week and see if the owl is hanging around there. I'll be more prepared and see if I can get a better shot.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Flower in flower by atdigit|
from Random Items Challenge 26
|Surface tension by atdigit|
from Right in the middle
|A Normal Dat at Thomas's Clap 2016-9379 by Andrew Maltzoff|
from Show us SCHOOL!