Hey guys (and gals)!
I'm looking for a compact everyday camera that is capable of taking far better pictures than a smartphone, while being nearly as convenient to keep with me. I own a canon DSLR and some nice lenses, but the reality is that it's a all a pain in the butt to lug around for any but the most special occasions. So I end up taking 100 pics with my phone to every 1 pic I take with my $2,000 of canon gear.
I could use use your help deciding between some options, especially those of you that own any cameras on the short list, or that should be.
Here's the list of options I'm considering at this point:
- Sony A6000
- Sony RX100MII
- Fuji XE2
- Fuji XM1
- Panasonic GM1
I know there are a couple wild cards there (no interchangeable lenses on rx100, 2x price on XE2).
The criteria most important to me are:
- Fun and easy to use (both hardware and software)
- Great picture quality
- Build quality
- Portability to toss in a computer bag for my daily urban walk commute
- Flexibility. There's no such thing as future proof, but I don't want to resent being stuck without some important capability in 6 months
With those in mind, do you have any advice? Does one of the three manufacturers stand out in usability/fun for the casual enthusiast? Are the interchangeable lens options listed here really portable, or just slightly smaller SLRs? Anything else I should be considering?
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%