Help please on converting AVCHD to MP4

Started Apr 6, 2013 | Questions thread
Gary H Senior Member • Posts: 2,312
Re: Help please on converting AVCHD to MP4

Riquez wrote:

Knallberto wrote:

haha, other programs are FREEEEEEEEEE! and gooooood! and 100x more simple, and just 0.00 !

But you are free to become an Adobe supporter, hehehe, and wasting your time.

What a silly comment. Premiere is a superb tool which make video editing & converting formats easy and enjoyable. It is the choice of professionals. You are of course welcome to using free converters. I suppose you rather use MS paint than photoshop?

Can you recommend a file format that I can convert my AVCHD files into for easy editing in Adobe Premiere? When I edit AVCHD files natively, it grinds me i7-4930k cpu to a halt! I read somewhere that this because the AVCHD files cause Premiere to use 32bit Quicktime which is a massive bottleneck.

If I use HandBrake, what's the recommended codec to convert to? (for maximum quality and colour grading possibilities)

Thanks in advance

I recognize that my answer does not address Premier, but I use the same processor and Lightworks as my editor of choice. As long as I use fast SSD drives, I can directly edit AVCHD without conversion and in real or accelerated time. This is a very fast, powerful and easy to use solution.

Gary H's gear list:Gary H's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X100S Canon EOS-1D Mark III Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha a7 +21 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
osv
osv
osv
osv
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow