Exchange or Return Light Leak Affected XT-1 ?

Started Mar 15, 2014 | Discussions thread
Birddogman
Birddogman Veteran Member • Posts: 4,008
Replacement - no wait

I've never done this before, but it looks like Amazon (where I got my XT1) has a replacement policy whereby they send you an identical replacement item and you have 30 days to ship the defective item back to them.  Even though I doubt I will ever run into the light leak problem with the kinds of photography I do, I do want what  paid for - a new camera free of manufacturing defects - and II don't think that is being an unreasonable, super-picky consumer.

I also don't want to be without the camera for weeks while the pony express mail service around here ships the camera for repair, it gets repaired along with probably thousands of other TX1's in the repair queue and it eventually find its way back to me.  It appears that the Amazon replacement method will get me a new camera in a few days and then I have plenty of time to send the old one back to them, so I won't have to do without for weeks.

I'm going to try this on Monday.

Birddogman's gear list:Birddogman's gear list
Sony RX1R II Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow