Exchange or Return Light Leak Affected XT-1 ?

Started Mar 15, 2014 | Discussions thread
ballwin12 Regular Member • Posts: 319
return and wait

jomarie wrote:

My XT-1 has the light leak (tested it) and serial # falls within the affected range. I still have 30 days to return the camera to Crutchfield (they have a 60 day return policy). All else is fine and I love it, it works great and the light leak wouldn't really impact me for how I use the XT-1. However, I am worried about down the road and if I want to sell it to upgrade and the resale value. If I don't exchange it - I will definitely still have it repaired but if I can return it for a camera that isn't affected, should I? Once repaired would it still lose some value? I know to me if I was purchasing it used and all else was good and the leak was repaired, I wouldn't care but I'm afraid some might. I am leaning to just having it repaired since I will be keeping it for a long while but hope I don't regret it someday.

Should I just return it?

Your serial # is in affected range so its resale value would be low if you ever need to sell it later.

So if I was you, I return it, and wait couple more months to buy another one which has serial# out of the range.

ballwin12's gear list:ballwin12's gear list
Fujifilm X-E3 Sony Alpha a7R III Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 24-70mm F4 OSS +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow