Couple of questions - Sony a6000

Started Mar 14, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Flat view
Slynky Senior Member • Posts: 2,434
Couple of questions - Sony a6000

So, I have a couple of NEX 5N bodies I really like and I'm considering the subject camera but...

(1) Will the camera out-resolve the current lenses I have (and hope to use)? I have the old 18-200, the 16 pancake, and the 50 1.8. I remember reading something (some time back) about how some lenses wouldn't work with phase detect focusing.

(2) I like the touch screen and not having it worries me. Among other things, I like being able to touch a spot where I know I want to focus and BINGO, I'm set. How does one pick an item to focus on without touch screen. I also make use of DMF and (yellow) peaking for some critical focusing.

(3) Are there any preliminary images out there yet--I'm sure DPR has their hands full and hasn't had time to put any out yet.

Thanks in advance.

-- hide signature --

/A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to their country for an amount of "up to and including my life"./
(...from the generation that still uses capital letters and punctuation...)

Slynky's gear list:Slynky's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS +3 more
Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow