D600 Shutter Replacement - How Long?

Started Mar 1, 2014 | Discussions thread
Trap49 New Member • Posts: 2
Re: D600 Shutter Replacement - How Long?

Read the Nikon announcement at DPR on 2/25, got my UPS label ready to go.  While preparing the body for shipping on 2/26, got an email direct for Nikon with the same info.  Nice that they were on top of it to registered owners.  Dropped it off at UPS store around 1:00 pm on 2/26, didn't hear from Nikon until 3/6 when I got a "received" email around Noon.  The note said no approval was needed on No Charge orders, so I didn't bother with a reply.  It also said a copy of the email notice would be sent by mail.  I was satisfied that it was in good hands and kind of forgot about it until I got the mailed notice on 3/11.  At that point I thought I'd check the status online, and was surprised to see it said "Shipped".  I clicked on the UPS Tracking link, and found it was scheduled for delivery the next day, 3/12.  Wow, this is pretty quick turnaround.  The UPS website did NOT say a signature was required, and even though I wasn't home, it was placed on my doorstep at 1:00 pm on 3/12.  Another nice touch: it was a plain brown package, and did NOT have "Nikon" displayed anywhere.  The included repair order had the same info as the others have posted, Replaced shutter, adjustments, firmware, etc.  I couldn't find my Body Cap so I sent it in without one, and they returned it wrapped tightly in a plastic bag, with no body cap.  I thought maybe they'd spring for a 50-cent item but no.

Bottom line:  2 Weeks, door-to-door.  I commend Nikon for the fast and free service.

Trap49's gear list:Trap49's gear list
Nikon D600
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
xtm
xtm
(unknown member)
HRS
HRS
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
PSU
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow