D600 Shutter Replacement - How Long?

Started Mar 1, 2014 | Discussions thread
clal Regular Member • Posts: 121
Re: D600 Shutter Replacement - How Long?

Update on my D600 repair that Nikon said had damage to front cover.   Yesterday afternoon I sent  photos of the camera which I took just before taking it to the UPS store showing there was no damage to the camera.   When Nikon acknowledged receipt of the camera they did not mention anything about damage to the camera.  Yesterday, a week after Nikon received it, I got an email stating there was damage to the front cover and it would cost $253.00 to replace the front cover which included a shipping charge.   It was puzzling to me how they inspected the camera enough initially to determine there was no battery and no flash card but somehow did not see the alleged damage.   A week later Nikon claimed there was damage.  Maybe it was damaged in shipment but it seems to me they would have noted the damage in the first email.

There is good news though.   I called back today and after holding for about 5 minutes the Nikon rep came back on the phone to tell me they were going to comp the repair.    I think if there had been damage during the shipping process and Nikon had noted it upon receipt of the camera I may have been out of luck. However,  I just can't help but think it was possibly dropped by a shop employee with Nikon and they were just trying to cover themselves.   I am satisfied with the final decision but disappointed that this issue came up.

Next time I will take it to the main UPS store and get it fully covered with insurance and once again will take photos of the camera just before shipping it.  Someone here made that suggestion and it was good advice.

clal's gear list:clal's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D600 Nikon D750
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
xtm
xtm
(unknown member)
HRS
HRS
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
PSU
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow