40 years of technology

Started Mar 8, 2014 | Discussions thread
MatsP
MatsP Senior Member • Posts: 2,138
60 years of technology

The Voigtländer was my first real camera, I bought it 18 years old (me, the camera was maybe 10 years when I bought it used). It has a Color-Skopar 3,5/45 and a Prontor shutter, 1/300 s. It still works (I think). The Chinon CM-4 was my first slr and a very nice camera but it's broken. It had a very good 50/1,7  that I gave to my son. He uses it on a Pentax ME, when he is not using his 5DII. And then an OM-G I bought in NY, same as OM-10 in Europe. The Sigma 35-70/2,8-4 is not a good lens but it was a cheap kit i couldn't resist at the time. And finally the E-M5 with a 12-40/2,8. It has a JB grip which makes it higher than the OM.

Between the OM and the OMD i had a lot of cameras, 35mm compacts, digital compacts and a couple of dslrs that's not worth showing here. Well, the 40D with some nice lenses was okay but I sold it when I got the E-M5. Of all my cameras I have owned I really liked the Voigtländer and the Chinon at to some extent the 40D. I was never friend with the OM-G, probably because of the slow and soft lens. I hade a tele lens (135 mm) as well but it was even worse. The E-M5 with the 12-40/2,8 is the best camera I have ever used.

Sorry for the IQ. Shot with a Samsung S3

MatsP's gear list:MatsP's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow