RX10/100v1 .. worthwhile to shoot RAW?

Started Mar 11, 2014 | Discussions thread
wallawalla Regular Member • Posts: 153
Re: RX10/100v1 .. worthwhile to shoot RAW?

Is it worthwhile to use Lightroom to process RAWs?  I had exactly the same question as the OP about six months ago a while after I picked up the RX100ii and had been shooting jpegs. To test it I shot several hundred pictures on the RAW + JPEG setting and then post processed the RAWs. After very little practice I was able to get superior pictures with the RAW images. They were sharper, had more color depth, and with shadow recovery I was able to get a picture that was much closer to what my eye actually saw.  This was especially the case for indoor photography of family.   I usually add a bit of noise reduction first for indoor shots, then lift the shadows, add a bit of saturation, and then add some sharpness or clarity depending on the picture. I then copy those settings and apply them to other similar pictures. I am very much an amateur, but this process is fast and gives me great images. I now only shoot RAW.  So my advice is to try RAW + JPEG and see if you like what you can do in Lightroom compared to the JPEGs.

wallawalla's gear list:wallawalla's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm 50-230mm II +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow