RX10/100v1 .. worthwhile to shoot RAW?

Started Mar 11, 2014 | Discussions thread
Jogger
OP Jogger Veteran Member • Posts: 8,441
Re: RX10/100v1 .. worthwhile to shoot RAW?

Ron AKA wrote:

If you want my frank opinion, the answer is likely "no". It does not sound like you are a very serious photographer, and you appear to be mostly interested in video and quickie snap shots. Learning to use Lightroom and then actually using it properly takes some learning and time. If you are not willing to do that, then it is probably a waste of time.

Well, for the RX100.. i only use it for random casual photos and such. So, you are prob. right that its not worth it. Ive managed without it for so long.. but, was just wondering if i was missing out on some amazing revelation that RAW processing would produce (e.g. an additional stop of DR!!).

That said, i actually bought LR since im now dual shooting a D700/Df for paid work.. I was able to get away with CNX before with the D700.. but, the 2 camera set-up requires a better sw solution. Im still learning it, but so far im loving it.

Jogger's gear list:Jogger's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Nikon D700 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow