Started Mar 4, 2014 | Discussions thread
Mako2011
MOD Mako2011 Forum Pro • Posts: 24,673
Still not the case

Buzz Lightyear wrote:

Mako2011 wrote:

Buzz Lightyear wrote:

Mako2011 wrote:

Yes. Certainly possible he doesn't no how EC works and can't understand the icons in the viewfinder that would indicate EC has been applied. Along the same lines of your suggestion, he should also be sure he hasn't changed the default brightness level in the picture control he is using. based on his follow on description of the issue...that's as likely a fix as any

Problem is . . . there are no icons in the viewfinder indicating a change in exposure compensation has been made until you push the button I am talking about.

Not true as the "meter" will now show up (with flashing "zero") if you have exposure comp set. The meter will now show the direction of EC as well as the EC -/+ Icon. Page 86 in your manual shows what it looks like. In manual exposure mode you don't get the flashing "zero"...I think...but still get the -/+ ICON With EC set to zero...the meter isn't there unless proper exposure can't me maintained.

The meter shows flashing "zero" only if "On" or "On(Auto reset)" is selected in b3.

still not the case. Setting menu b3 to On or On (Auto reset) means you get the flashing zero all the time. That does not mean the "+/-" Icon in the viewfinder that lights when EC is set to other that "zero" is disabled. You will always have an indication in the viewfinder when EC is enabled via the Button...regardless of menu b3 setting. With b3 set to "off" the flashing "zero" and presence of the meter is a secondary indication EC is set to something other than zero via the button on top.  Try it and see when the -/+ EC indicator Icon in the viewfinder is missing

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow