Anyone else want a Stylus 1 minus EVF?

Started Mar 6, 2014 | Discussions thread
skyform Regular Member • Posts: 257
Re: Anyone else want a Stylus 1 minus EVF?

illissius wrote:

To visually substantiate what I mean, here's the side view of the Stylus 1. See how much smaller the whole package becomes with the EVF sliced off (green line)? Going further, you can also imagine the absence of the flip-screen (red line). Suddenly you have a camera that's dramatically smaller, in a different size-class altogether, while still keeping the same optics.

Basically I want a camera that's smaller than the Stylus 1, with the same optics as the Stylus 1.

I was also thinking for quite a while how much smaller it could be without the EVF and the flip screen and it's eating me alive that Olympus didn't make it in two sizes. I really don't understand why they didn't do this because I'm pretty sure that both models would sell, more pro users would buy the bigger one and people who prefer smaller cameras the smaller one.

The Stylus 1 is spec wise almost exactly the camera I want but with the current size I'm not interested, too bad.

skyform's gear list:skyform's gear list
Olympus Stylus XZ-10 Apple iPhone 5
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow