The XF23mm f/1.4 is not for shy street photographers.... ;)

Started Mar 8, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Lakeview Man Regular Member • Posts: 354
The XF23mm f/1.4 is not for shy street photographers.... ;)

You know what - I love the Fujifilm X-T1. And I love the quality of the files I get and the build quality of the XF 23mm f/1.4 lens. But today was the first time I really had the chance to use this combo on the street. And.. it's fast, it does what it's supposed to... But... I felt like I was back to the Canon 7D with a big lens again. I felt like I was intruding peoples personal space. (Probably I am doing that with whatever camera I am using... but..)

Fujifilm X-T1+XF23mm f/1.4 lens. Raw converted to Tiff in Adobe Camera Raw with the new Astia/soft camera profile.

I've been shooting with the X-Pro1 and the XF 35mm f/1.4 and the X100s on the street. The X100s is perfect. Almost. You see... I am a shy person. I don't like to get too close to people. The X100s let me get closer than I was used to with my 7D +EF-S18-55mm f/2.8 combo without feeling shy. The X-Pro1 and the XF35mm let me stay a bit further away which I like. But the X-Pro1 is a bit slow.

The X-T1 is not that much bigger than the X100s actually, probably the Size of the X-E1/X-E2 + some. But the XF 23mm looks very big on it.

So today after shooting with X-T1 and XF23mm I put the XF35mm f/1.4 on the X-T1, and that felt better. I could keep some more distance to my subjects, and the lens was not that big.

I know I know I know. Everybody sees me with the XF35mm lens too. It's all in my head. Still. I felt more comfortable.

To see the rest of my examples, check out: http://www.larsauthen.com/blog/2014/3/8/fujifilm-x-t1-on-the-street

-- hide signature --
 Lakeview Man's gear list:Lakeview Man's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Nikon D810 Canon EOS 7D Mark II Fujifilm X-Pro2 Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM +17 more
Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
rjx
rjx
(unknown member)
rjx
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow