Needed an every day camera..

Started Mar 8, 2014 | Discussions thread
DWEverett Contributing Member • Posts: 588
Re: Needed an every day camera..

Personally I keep being tempted to get the Sony RX100 M2.  I have an older NEX5 in addition to my Nikon D700 (and older Sony A700 that I still sometimes use).  It's a lot smaller than the Nikon.  It's still not so small that I'd always have it with me.  That would be even more true if I gave it to my wife -- the new RX would easily fit in even a small purse.

The mirrorless cameras are capable of better quality but I'm not sure there is a big difference when using the kit lenses -- and while I have good glass for the SLRs, I'm not likely to spend the money for the NEX.

The RX has a large enough sensor for good quality combined with a very good lens.  At this point, I also like the wifi that's built into the newer version as for that type of camera, the ability to quickly share matters to me.

I struggle to justify the price since I don't know that I really would carry it often enough

DWEverett's gear list:DWEverett's gear list
Nikon D700 Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow