Does anyone know why the front element on the DP1 is so big? It's huge considering that it is a 16mm f4 lens. My Olympus XA has a 35mm 2.8 lens that is half the width. You'd think that it could be recessed right into the body and be about the size of my fingernail, or a f2 version the size of my thumbnail.
It seems more like a SLR wide angle, I think they call it a reverse telephoto that is built like that to give the mirror room to swing.
I suppose they are trying to avoid extreme angles of the light hitting the sensor but I wish they would have gone with offset microlenses or some other solution.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%