Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8 - buy it now?

Started Mar 5, 2014 | Discussions thread
9ck
OP 9ck Senior Member • Posts: 1,032
Re: Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8 - buy it now?

kormendi_adam wrote:

I am sorry to say it but if you have to ask this silly question, you don't need this lens.

I was just waiting for this kind of smarta$$ reply (sorry no intention to start a quirrel but if you call me silly, I'll...  ) . Did you reed my initial question carefully? Wasn't asking wheather to buy or not - just if the timing of a purchase was clever.

The 24-70 currently has no alternative if you are a serious event photographer or photo journalist. Fast, reliable, excellent IQ, bokeh, CA control, you name it.

If the simple assumption that an upgrade to this lens might come out in the future makes you uncertain, that means you do not really need it. And if you do not need it, do not buy it.

I can survive without it for a while - like others survive without lenses they are saving op to - not the same as that you don't need or could have great pleasure from it IMO. Not everyone can get whatever they wan't here and now or have pockets full of cash. If I could save some $$ by waiting a few months or a half year, I could mayby use that for other/better glass - hope you se my point

-- hide signature --

Regards 9ck

9ck's gear list:9ck's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC Nikon AF Nikkor 135mm f/2D DC +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
9ck
9ck
9ck
(unknown member)
9ck
(unknown member)
9ck
9ck
9ck
9ck
9ck
9ck
9ck
9ck
9ck
9ck
9ck
9ck
9ck
9ck
9ck
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow