X-E2 review just posted

Started Mar 5, 2014 | Discussions thread
photoreddi Veteran Member • Posts: 7,749
Re: X-E2 review just posted

BarnET wrote:

One thing that did confuse me is that the reviewer said the X-E2 didn't have the same autofocus tracking speed of the X-T1. That was a little bit of a surprised because I thought the sensor/processor was the same in both cameras (shows what I know )

That may mean that a firmware upgrade could give the X-E2 AF tracking parity with the X-T1. Even if that's possible and Fuji intends to release that kind of firmware upgrade, I wouldn't expect it too soon, since that could negatively impact sales of the X-T1.

Read the fujifilm interview of cp+.

He said we talked about not updating the firmware of an camera that is no longer on the shelve. But we did it anyway.

He also said that they were working on an update that would bring the evf up to the xt1 speed.

"Yes. For example we will release new firmware for the X-E2 soon which will improve the refresh rate of the EVF bringing it to the same level as the X-T1 and also add an interval shooting function."

We seem to agree that there will be a firmware update, but we may have different opinions about how soon "soon" will be. Toshihisa Iida wrote this three weeks ago, so can we expect an upgrade before the end of this month, within the next 2 or 3 months, or before another 2 or 3 seasons pass? What would your estimate be? Mine would be within 2 or 3 months but it doesn't really matter to me since I have an X-A1, not an X-E2.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow