What would you do?

Started Mar 5, 2014 | Questions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Flat view
Ultradan Contributing Member • Posts: 600
What would you do?

Ok So I shoot water sports (from the water) I'm currently using a 1Dmk2 and love many of the attributes of it - frame rate, build quality etc. I find the image quality is quite a way off where I want it to be in anything other than perfect light.

So I am trying to figure out if I could live with either a 5D2 or a 6D, these camera's image quality is excellent and high iso also .

With regards to the autofocus of these two I can obviously see that they will be nowhere near the 1D and also the frame rate, but I believe I can live without the frame rate in most circumstances.

Would people here recommend one over the other? how bad is the 6D autofocus?

One thing I didn't mention is that I usually shoot using the centre point focus in AI Servo mode (as I was under the impression that that is how you acquire targets - off the centre point before it hands over to the assists) - how do these cameras go in AI Servo?

Or should I just wait and save for a 5D3 for it's excellent AF?

Oh yeah I have a 5DC - is this closer to how the AF on these camera's behave?

Thanks in advance.

This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS-1D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow