System Switch - Have you done it?

Started Mar 4, 2014 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BellaBull8 Contributing Member • Posts: 843
System Switch - Have you done it?

I'm in a quandary here, trying to decide to work on a dual system or just switch altogether.

Currently I have a Canon setup, using a 7D plus the 17-55 2.8 lens primarily, plus the 85mm 1.8. Have the 70-200 f4 L IS but that's going on the auction block as I rarely use it now anyway.

Here's my dilemma:

I am seriously considering switching to a setup with the xe-2 and xt-1 plus a couple primes and the premium zooms about to come out. The promise of a significantly lighter setup coupled with the IQ people are raving about from Fuji is making me drool.

Travel photography is my first love, and not being weighed down with 8 tons of gear when shooting crop sensor anyway would be LOVELY. And saving space in my carry-on? Oh yes.

No sports, birds, or kids in my shooting. Primarily city/landscape, food, detail, and portraiture.

Have any of you made a similar switch? I also do work with speedlights and Alien Bees strobes - anyone use those off camera with the X series?

Eager to hear back - and thanks ahead!

-- hide signature --

Don't assume. It makes an a** out of you and me.
www.molimogallery.com
www.facebook.com/molimophoto

BellaBull8's gear list:BellaBull8's gear list
Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm F4L IS USM
Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
ZTJ
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
jrk
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow