70D Dynamic Range is actually great, despite what DXOMark says

Started Jan 21, 2014 | Discussions thread
tr573 Senior Member • Posts: 1,329
Re: 70D Dynamic Range is actually great, despite what DXOMark says

carlk wrote:

David Hull wrote:

Just another Canon shooter wrote:

carlk wrote:

David, This is your lucky day. Check out the new Fujifilm X-T1. It has the sensor with DR and noise as good as Sony's, actually the sensor is made by Sony but Fuji added its own color filter. The EVF is fast responding and even larger than the VF on 1DX. It has 8fps continues AF and is said to have the fastest (that still needs to be verified) AF of all cameras. Oh I forgot to mention the Fuji lens selection will make a Canon aps-c shooter cry. Have you ever dreamed of L quality, or better, fast aps-c primes costing less than half of what Canon would charge you?

Fuji, or somebody else needs to put an IBIS in their mirrorless bodies for a really capable system. Right now, the m43 has this advantage but it has a smaller sensor and the 4:3 ratio.

It seems strange that Sony seems to have all but deserted that technology in their latest offerings. I find that surprising after all the hoopla they put up over it in the beginning ("our images are still but our competition is shaking", etc.) not to mention all the fanboy activity over it. The big detraction was the lack of a stabilized VF which isn't the case in their newer cameras.

IBIS is really not a must have for me. However I'm also at lost to explain why the companies don't want to add it in the camera even if it means they might sell a few cameras with it. The cynical explanation is they could sell more IS with each lenses but I don't think that's the reason. The unstabilized VF wouldn't be a problem for EVF os that should not be the reason either. My best guess is there are still some technical challenges to match the performance of the in lens IS for these larger sensors.

Not just for the larger sensors, but for larger lenses as well.  If Canon can do a better job with the IS for a 500, 600 or 800mm lens by putting it in the lens, they are gonna do it that way.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow