70D Dynamic Range is actually great, despite what DXOMark says

Started Jan 21, 2014 | Discussions thread
carlk Forum Pro • Posts: 15,940
Re: 70D Dynamic Range is actually great, despite what DXOMark says

Just another Canon shooter wrote:

It seems it's not OK to say that, even worse to show some examples.
If you say I don't understand DXO tests and that makes you feel better, then OK. That doesn't change the point of my original post, though.

It does. Look at the subject line, it is still intact. You also say: Well, the actual results surprised me. I was expecting a ugly mess of blotchy noise, banding, pattern noise, but couldn't see it at all. That surprise shows that you do not know what the DXO findings mean.

I really don't care what DXO says either even though it's the only objective evaluation available.  On the other hand I do care that people like op who does not understand what real world DR means and what it does for photographers are putting such misguided efforts trying to confuse the issue.  People who shot digital from the beginning knew it (DR limitation) is an important issue.  We all appreciate companies like Sony finally put out great effort to address the issue and we all hope Canon can catch up too.  There is no need to try to beat the dead horse and explain the problem away.  Sorry that I have to be blunt but I think it's time that we put this nonsense to rest.

carlk's gear list:carlk's gear list
Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 7D Nikon D800E Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow