Class action lawsuit for false advertising?

Started Mar 3, 2014 | Discussions thread
Mel Snyder
Mel Snyder Veteran Member • Posts: 4,088
Re: I don't remember Sony using the word "completely"

Heaven is for real wrote:

neil holmes wrote:

Heaven is for real wrote:

Weather-sealed is one of the reasons I bought this camera so I don't have to worry about rain or dust entering my A7 camera but now...

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sonys-a7-and-a7r-cameras-are-not-dust-and-moisture-resistant/

This is quite deceptive for Sony to do this. Removing the weathersealed description on their website without informing the consumers!

Weather sealed

Since you are not happy, did you try returning the camera to get your money back?

Have you even asked Sony or are you looking for money?

I would have no problems taking the A7 and kit lens in light rain (would have a plastic bag in my pocket just in case)......heavy rain, now I am not dumb enough to use the camera in.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think Sony ever said the A7 was "COMPLETELY" weather sealed.

Don't get me wrong, I love the A7 camera. I invested a lot in Sony System all the way from A100, A700, A55 and A77 but I hate deceptive practices. I did not say "completetly", I read "weather sealed and dust, moisture" something around this line and now it has been deleted.

What's the "deception"? You can't even recall what you think you read, you have no problem, you love your camera.

"The sky is falling, the sky is falling!"

Mel Snyder's gear list:Mel Snyder's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a7 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Leica Summicron-M 50mm f/2 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow