Class action lawsuit for false advertising?

Started Mar 3, 2014 | Discussions thread
Heaven is for real
OP Heaven is for real Senior Member • Posts: 2,320
Re: Class action lawsuit for false advertising?

stevo23 wrote:

Heaven is for real wrote:

Weather-sealed is one of the reasons I bought this camera so I don't have to worry about rain or dust entering my A7 camera but now...

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sonys-a7-and-a7r-cameras-are-not-dust-and-moisture-resistant/

This is quite deceptive for Sony to do this. Removing the weathersealed description on their website without informing the consumers!

First off - this is on the "rumors" website. Second, it's been known for some time on the forums that there is very little if any weather proofing on this camera - I see no gaskets anywhere on mine. It could be that Sony only meant to say that it's components are very durable even if they get wet. Or it could be that they had intentions of producing this camera with gaskets but this feature didn't make it into the final production model.

But even more important, what about this makes us think the missing weather seal description wasn't just an oversight? I think we need to hear Sony's explanation first.

In other words, there are a lot of plausible explanations that make perfect sense before we go suing.

With all due respect, I read on the Sony store website when I purchased my Sony A7 and now, it has been deleted....

Heaven is for real's gear list:Heaven is for real's gear list
Nikon D7000 Sony SLT-A77 Sony Alpha a7 Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM Sony FE 35mm F2.8 +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Marti58
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow