Nikon's "movie star" look vs Fuji's Asian look?

Started Mar 3, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mistermejia Senior Member • Posts: 3,340
Nikon's "movie star" look vs Fuji's Asian look?

Which one do you prefer?

I call it Nikon's "movie star" look because of the SOOC jpeg skin tone looks like it has a ton of "make up" on, like a movie star

When i had my D7000 I would usually had to perform in-camera custom white balance with my external WB disk to try avoiding skin tones like the last photo bellow. Only like that i was able to achieve a decent look. But the fuji's WB and skin tones definitely look WAY BETTER and very different.

The Fuji SOOC jpeg looks much nicer and i notice this soft "asian" look to the photos. The jpeg photos are different from what i am use to seeing coming from nikon after some years, and they are still very different from my S5 Pro, but i am starting to like this fuji look more and more. I do like this cute Japanese look out of the fuji, i think i really do.

I think I'm starting to sound like Dr. Seuss: "Say! I like green eggs and ham!

mistermejia's gear list:mistermejia's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +6 more
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow