How many are selling their NEX-7 for the A6000

Started Mar 1, 2014 | Discussions thread
edwardaneal
edwardaneal Veteran Member • Posts: 9,101
hey gate Amarillo

Gato Amarillo wrote:

I had planned to buy whatever new camera Sony announced (have a NEX 6 and A3000 now), but they left me hanging by not including a mic input and touch-screen focus.

I wrote about this on the pro forum, but Friday I got a call I've been expecting for a year or more: "We need stills for the catolog. And can you do video for the website at the same time?" Hell yes I can, because I know every video guy in town can do competent stills and if I don't do the videos I lose the client.

Any camera I buy from here on needs video capabilities, including mic in and, one hopes, headphone out. Costs Sony maybe 15 cents in production cost to do a mic input, at most 2 bucks for me at retail. Or at least they could offer an adapter to the multi hotshoe.

So if I buy a Sony in the near future the NEX 7 with mic in is the leading contender. But the Panasonic G6 sure looks good.

Gato

if you are worried about microphone for video on the a6000 why don't you just get one of these

gun / zoom microphone

it is designed specifically for the multi interphase shoe of cameras like the Nex-6 and A6000

edwardaneal's gear list:edwardaneal's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN Art Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow